The Ledger Wallet is a hardware wallet for Bitcoins, Ethereum and other Altcoins. The Ledger Wallet is currently offered in two different versions: The Ledger Blue for currently only about 280 Euros and the Ledger Nano S for once-current currently about 70 Euros.
Ledger SAS, a French company, attaches great importance to security in its own wallets and offers strong mechanisms to make sure that payments with cryptoscripts are as secure as possible.
The big advantage of the Ledger Wallet is that the private key for the coins is securely stored on the hardware chip of the Ledger Blue or the Ledger Nano S and thus, when removing the wallet from the computer, the wallet is no longer accessible or vulnerable from outside.
Some Advantages of the Ledger Wallet:
- A cryptographically secured key
- Confirm the transaction on a LED display
- Support of Bitcoins, Ethereum and many Altcoins
- Easy operation with the Ledger app or the Ledger Chrome extension
- Easy connection via USB port
- Compatible with other wallets like MyEtherWallet